When developing or redeveloping a brownfield site, issues arising from previous site uses can have serious implications for the project
Brownfield sites may present problems such as buried structures, underground storage tanks, waste arisings, soil and groundwater contamination.
Unless these issues are promptly and efficiently dealt with, development may be disrupted and the sale of properties or the occupation of the site may be delayed. With appropriate management however, a brownfield site may be successfully redeveloped and turned into a real asset.
Abricon provides the full range of services to efficiently deal with the problematic brownfield sites.
- Free initial advice on the best way forward, giving you a realistic idea of what the regulators are likely to expect
- We will scope a site investigation or desk study, based on regulatory requirements, leading to the most cost effective solution
- We can liaise with the regulators on your behalf
- We believe in taking a risk based approach which is consistent with regulatory requirements. We do not remediate a site unless this is the only option, always considering alternates such as breaking the source-pathway-receptor chain
- Our team has significant expertise in dealing with difficult sites, including those contaminated with explosive, ordnance, dioxins, and pesticides, and those with waste management issues
We see our clients as partners and aim to foster a long-term relationship with them