- Application closes: 01/10/18
- Renumeration: Competitive - dependent on experience
- Location: Long Ashton (Bristol)
We are looking for motivated, hard-working field surveyors to assist with the ecological surveys during the survey season (April/May – September/October). It is a great opportunity for local students or graduates considering career in ecological consultancy. This is a part-time zero hours contract position with flexible hours (the hours of work are to be flexible and are not guaranteed each week).
The role of the field surveyor will be to assist with undertaking ecological surveys (Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys, Bat Surveys, Reptile Surveys, Badger Surveys, Dormouse Surveys…).
Experience and skills:
- An interest in ecology and conservation – essential
- Enthusiasm for, and willingness to spend long days and nights working outside in British weather conditions – essential
- Be available on a short notice – preferred
- Valid current driving license and access to a car – preferred
Assistance is required from April/May – September/October. Costs associated with the field work (travel, lunch etc.) will be covered. Hourly pay will depend on experience. Although this is a casual position, applicants must be reliable and committed to their role.
All applicants must be able to get to our office in Long Ashton reliably, including outside of normal public transport operating hours due to the night time nature of our work.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and likely availability (how many days/nights a week you are available and when you can start) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information on the position please contact us on 01275 391297 and ask to speak with a member of the ecology team.
We are collecting CVs at the moment and will be selecting people for an interview in March-April and then, if required, periodically throughout the survey season.