We are currently recruiting for a high-calibre ecologist to join the existing ecology team at a consultant ecologist or senior ecologist level. An exciting full-time position has become available due to the continued growth and success of the business, and the successful candidate will be joining a well-established company near Bristol specialising in environmental consultancy. You will be providing support in all aspects of the ecology teams work. This is a busy role, which involves dealing with a wide range of matters, sometimes of a confidential nature and will include interaction with clients. The post holder must be able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines on his/her own initiative.
Roles & responsibilities (exact responsibilities will depend on the experience of the successful candidate)
- Manage ecology projects;
- Be able to work independently and undertake ecological fieldwork at sites throughout the UK
- Prepare fee proposals for new projects;
- Report writing;
- Resource management, timekeeping and budgeting;
- Liaise with clients, other organisations and lead ecology team members to promote strong working relationships and effective communication;
- Desk based tasks which may include carrying out data searches, data analysis and evaluation of results, impact assessments;
- Design and implementation of mitigation strategies, including the production and submission of EPS licence applications;
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience in environmental/ecological consultancy (minimum of 3 years);
- Experience of undertaking ecological surveys in the UK, with a detailed knowledge of UK ecology and survey techniques;
- Experience in the design and implementation of mitigation works;
- The ability to prepare reports to the highest standard;
- Thorough understanding of UK nature conservation legislation and planning policy;
- Experience of client liason and preparation of quotes;
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home;
- Current UK driving licence and access to own vehicle;
- An ecological degree or related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Licenses to survey for protected species;
- Experience of writing and submitting successful European Protected Species Licence applications;
- Have held licenses issued by Natural England/ Natural Resources Wales to permit works affecting protected species (such as bats, great crested newts, dormice and badgers)
- Experience of preparing ecological chapters of Environmental Impact Assessments
Salary Range: dependent on experience
Please apply with CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 1st March 2019.
Interviews will be held in March/April 2019.